Thousands of workers get injured in the workplace every day. While some of these injuries are minor and can be easily treated, others can cause long-term damage. It's important to seek medical attention immediately after a workplace accident to prevent any injuries from worsening. At Back in Motion Chiropractic in Beaverton, OR, we're here to provide suitable treatment for your work injury. We'll evaluate your body to understand your injury and treat it suitably.
Frequently Asked Questions About Work-Related Injuries
What are the most common work injuries?
Common injuries at the workplace include:
- Sprains and strains: Sprains occur when ligaments are overstretched, resulting in an injury to the joint tissue. Strains, on the other hand, occur when tendons or muscles are overstretched.
- Slips and falls: Slips occur when there's an unexpected loss of footing. Falls occur when one cannot catch themselves after losing their footing or tripping. One common slip and fall accident is when one slips on a wet, destroyed, or oily surface.
- Injuries due to falling objects: Injuries due to falling objects are also quite common during work.
- Herniated disc: Herniated discs are caused by a spinal disc that moves out of its normal position. The result is pressure on the spinal cord, which may cause pain and muscle weakness.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the head and neck are suddenly and rapidly moved, resulting in damage to the muscles, tissues, and ligaments in the neck. This commonly happens during collisions and crashes, especially in sites that require the use of vehicles.
Other workplace injuries are spinal misalignments, broken bones, concussions, frozen shoulders, etc.
Why should I choose chiropractic care for work injury treatment?
Chiropractic care is a safer and more effective alternative to surgery and medications. It has no negative side effects, unlike painkillers which can cause various side effects. Also, chiropractic care for work injuries works to treat the cause of your injury rather than masking its symptoms. That means your problem can be eliminated once and for all.
How does a chiropractor treat work injuries?
A chiropractor uses a range of techniques to treat work injuries. The most common of these are spinal manipulation, massage therapy, decompression therapy, physical exercises, ultrasound therapy, electrical stimulation, and many others. Note that before any treatment, we conduct a thorough physical examination to identify your work injury. This allows us to treat the site of your injury with pinpoint accuracy. Our treatments are meant to alleviate pain, inflammation, and stiffness, allowing you to regain your range of motion and restore mobility.
How long will it take to return to work after a work injury?
If your injury is a minor one, you may be able to resume work in a couple of days. If it's major, however, returning to work may take several weeks. To increase your chances of going back to work sooner, get treatment immediately after sustaining a work injury.
Visit Back In Motion Chiropractic for Work Injury Chiropractic Treatment
We offer a wide range of chiropractic treatments in Beaverton, OR meant to help you eliminate pain and restore your mobility. You can come for work injury treatment and get back to work sooner. Call Back In Motion today at (503) 524-9040 to book an appointment.