Recurrent knee pain or knee pain that lasts for 3 months or longer is known as chronic pain, and it can be a significant problem for many Americans. Fortunately, there are ways to improve knee pain with a chiropractor's help. At Back In Motion Chiropractic, our chiropractor will determine the best treatment for joint pain relief, conduct pain management care to ensure your pain remains at manageable levels (if not is completely gone), and will help treat the root cause of your pain rather than simply masking the symptoms of knee pain.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Knee pain has a variety of causes, which can all differ based on a person's age, weight, activity levels, job, and other factors. However, some of the most common causes of knee pain include:
- Joint pain due to arthritis: The knee will eventually wear away due to the natural progression of the body. This is even worse for people that work physical labor and are on their feet all day long, or who do repetitive motions with the knee.
- Muscle strains and sprains: Hyperextension or hyperflexion of the ligaments can cause severe knee pain.
- A dislocated knee
- Muscle tears surrounding the knee area.
- Tendonitis: An inflammation of the surrounding tendons in the knee.
- Sports injuries, such as landing on your knee.
- Personal injuries, such as slip and fall accidents.
How Does a Chiropractor Help With Knee Pain Management?
Because there are so many causes of knee pain, a chiropractor must determine the root cause of your knee pain and conduct the proper chiropractic care to treat it. Chiropractic care can include gentle massages surrounding the knee to reduce muscle tension.
Simple chiropractic adjustments can also help alleviate discomfort and pain, as well as realign the knee joint to improve balance and reduce friction. Muscle exercises are also great to improve the strength of the knee, and improving mobility and range of motion following an injury. Your chiropractor will determine which of these treatments is best for you depending on the type of knee pain you are experiencing, the root cause of your pain and if you're suffering from an injury.
Find the Best Knee Pain Treatment At Back In Motion Chiropractic
At Back In Motion Chiropractic, we're here to help you improve your quality of life through knee pain management or other chiropractic care techniques for joint pain relief. Call us today to schedule an appointment at our clinic in Beaverton, OR.